R/C communication problem

14 years 1 month ago #12503613 by rj
R/C communication problem was created by rj
I have an AX2550 that I'm having trouble talking to. On the other units we have, upon power up in R/C mode, we get the normal scrolling "no ctrl" message However on this new unit, we get a single hieroglyphic, a lower case "u" with a line beneath it. If we have a motor connected to the power leads, it immediately powers up and remains "on" and unresponsive to R/C transmitter joystick commands. I've replaced the controller with another AX2550 we have and the system works fine - so the trouble lies with this particular unti. I've reset default values and have tried talking to it via the robotteq software but with no luck. Any thoughts out thete? Thanks!

RJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 weeks ago #12572593 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:R/C communication problem
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">If the controller does not display the no ctrl message upon power up and goes directly to the u underscored, then it is not set to work in RC mode.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Try resetting the controller's factory defaults. Press and hold the set and prog button while resetting until the display flashes. Then reset again.

14 years 3 weeks ago #12621790 by rj
Replied by rj on topic Re:R/C communication problem
I've tried resetting factory defaults using the Program button. The controller is showing an alternating I / 0 in the LED window - which according to the manual means I'm in R/ C mode. I've also talked to the unit via my laptop using RoboRun software. This also shows I'm in R/C mode. I've even gone so far as to download the values from our working unit into this controller but despite all this - I continue to get the underscored "u" in the LED display.

14 years 1 week ago #12926684 by rj
Replied by rj on topic Re:R/C communication problem
Found the problem. For some unexplained reason I had a beta version of code on my controller. I downloaded the standard software profile from the installation disk and everything worked as advertised.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds