Motor Problems with the AX2850

13 years 7 months ago #17325378 by adarsena
Motor Problems with the AX2850 was created by adarsena
Today I finished setting up my AX2850 controller with two separate DC motors. I am running the Roborun Configuration software, however when I set the motor speed for chanel-1 both motors turn, similarly when the speed is set to channel-2 both motors spin. This effect happens regardless of whether or not the controller mode is in mixed or separate A&B, encoders are plugged in or not, RS232 vs. RC etc... If I use a hyper terminal to communicate over the RS232 connection the same problem occurs. I have no separate control over the motors. I have spent many hours debugging however nothing seems to work. Any ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks for any help,
Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #17326767 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:Motor Problems with the AX2850
This most unusual.

A few possibilities come to mind but none producing exactly what you are reporting:

- The controller is a Single Channel version. If that is the case, both motors would respond the same way but only on changes to commands on Ch1. Changing Ch2 command would do nothing. Roborun will identify and display that it is a single channel version in the upper right corner of the screen.

- The controller is set in mixed mode. Changing Ch1 will cause both motors to move the same way. However, change Ch would make one motor turn one way, the other in the other.

- The motor wires are crossed: Motor 1 is connected to M1+ and M2-, Motor 2 to M1- and M2+. Again, the controller would behave funny but not like you are describing.

Confirm that you have none of the above conditions.

Verify that when using roborun, the graphs show the power level changing the same way on both channels. Verify that the changes on Ch1 and Ch2 produce motor changes that are identical (speed and direction)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds