trouble shooting suggestions

12 years 3 months ago #27470688 by Darrell
trouble shooting suggestions was created by Darrell
My 2550 runs fine via roborun. For some reason I'm getting no control when I attempt to use R/C. This was working fine only last week. The only thing I changed was adding a separate battery and line for an additional servo which I've yet to even test. No power could have gotten to the controller via this extra battery. What am I missing? It must be something simple. Thank you.
D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #27473278 by bozooka
Replied by bozooka on topic Re:trouble shooting suggestions

Did you calibrate the radio sticks and save the rc settings to the controller?

12 years 3 months ago #27475855 by Darrell
Replied by Darrell on topic Re:trouble shooting suggestions
The transmitter worked fine last week. It's battery is good. I'll try that though to see if it helps. Thanks.

12 years 3 months ago #27485105 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:trouble shooting suggestions
If the controller keeps displaying "no ctrl" when the radio is on, it means that the controller doesnt see the pulses at all, calibrated or not.

Make sure that at least one ground wire from the radio is connected to the controller ground at pin 5 or 13 and that both RC signals are going to RC channel inputs 1 and 2

12 years 3 months ago #27485528 by Darrell
As far as I can tell, they are but if that's the only possibility left, then there must be a break in the ground somewhere. I'll double check the channels as well. Thanks
D

12 years 3 months ago #27501281 by Darrell
I've checked the wiring. I've gone into roborun again and everything looks good there and I can control the motors fine. I'm still getting nothing when I try R/C. I don't get it. What else can I try? What could have happened to make this suddenly quit working? I wired up a servo to with it's own battery but never actually hooked it up and tested it so I don't think that could be the problem.

12 years 3 months ago #27510614 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:trouble shooting suggestions
The RC inputs are quite robust on the controller. Plus, RC channel 1 input is also used for RS232 input when connected to the PC. So it is likely that the controller is OK.

You could use a servo to monitor the presence of RC pulses.

Connect the servo to ground and the + of the separate battery. Ground should be common to Radio, servo, battery and controller. Connect the RC signal wire to pin 3, then pin4 to check that RC signals are arriving on these pins.

12 years 3 months ago #27510881 by Darrell
I'll try that and report back. Thank you. What should I be looking for exactly though? I mean, what will this test tell me? I suspect the controller is fine but can't explain the sudden problem with R/C.
D<BR>

12 years 3 months ago #27513453 by Darrell
With this test setup, (not sure how ground is was to be attached to "radio") touching pins 3 and 4 with servo signal wire makes the servo hicup a bit. I also tried operating the servo (with separate battery) via the receiver powered by controller and nothing happened there either.

12 years 3 months ago #27527873 by Darrell

I've sent my radio in for tests and repair. It's the only thing left to try. If it comes back okay and still doesn't work, then I can at least narrow down the problem to the controller.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds