Self Test Error = stuck after version, powers motors intermittently

12 years 2 months ago #28263888 by ErinElizBeck
My AX3500 rev2.0 recently stopped powering motors in the middle of a deployment. No visible damage to the board.

Self-test mode shows version and then "forward"...then stops. Does not repeat. Does not send voltage to the motors (probed with oscilloscope).

Checked test points. 12 V = 10.9 V, 5 V = 4.9 V. (I tested the 12 V test point on a working rev3.2 AX3500 and it also showed 10.9 V.)

During some self-tests the M1 motors turned but not M2, now neither turns. Seems intermittent, generally off.

What does this self-test stall mean? Other suggestions?

Though I have a backup board, I want to find out what disrupted this one so it doesn't happen again...

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #28273692 by cosma
Self test has a problem in v1.9b of the firmware. You should use 1.9d.

You may download from <A href=" dev.roboteq.com/dev1/docklink.html " target=_blank> www.roboteq.com/docklink.html

However, for troubleshooting, best is to use the PC utility since you can monitor a number of operating parameters.

12 years 2 months ago #28286012 by ErinElizBeck
The /docklink.html is a dead link, and I can only find v1.9b on the website...can you please direct me again?

Also, would this self-test bug also cause the motors to not run during normal operations? While I am having difficulties with the self-test feature, the core problem is that the AX3500 is not outputting voltage to the motors at all.

12 years 2 months ago #28286823 by cosma
It was /doclink.html. Sorry.

The firmware is at <A href=" dev.roboteq.com/dev1/files/software/beta/roboup19d-102307.zip " target=_blank> dev.roboteq.com/dev1/files/software/beta/roboup19d-102307.zip

This will fix the self test only.

For troubleshooting, use Roborun.

Verify that you you have at least 10.50 volt in the Internal Voltage. Check that amps read 0 when stopped. Check that power output rises as you apply a command.

If the above check OK and motors don't spin, then your controller may be defective. Contact us via <A href=" dev.roboteq.com/dev1/contactus.html " target=_blank> www.roboteq.com/contactus.html to arrange for a repair.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds