Open loop mixed speed control problem ax2550

10 years 2 months ago #29525199 by matyk73
Hi I am having some strange problems with my motor controller.

I am trying to make a four wheel drive tank steered RC platform, I have two 12v 23ah batteries 4 NPC T64 motors and a ax2550 my radio is a dx5e.

When I try to move forward or reverse the vehicle I get drive on one side only, the side that drives changes for forward and reverse ie when I go forward only the left hand wheels spin when I go rearwards the right wheels. When I try to turn the vehicle I get the correct response. This is also the case when using the roborun software. The motors also appear to turn quite slowly. Roborun indicates that the motor current is about 6 amps on each side, battery volts is 25.8 and internal voltage is 11.5.
All of the above was conducted with the wheels off the ground with no load.

I am at a loss as the controller was working in a similar setup, smaller motors though, a few months ago. Unfortunately this other setup has been stripped and sold to fund the new motors so I can\"t use it to test the controller.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers Mat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #29525212 by cosma
Sorry for the late reply. It looks like you have the Channel 1 and 2 of your radio backwards. Swap the two. Then invert the + and - on one of your motor.

10 years 2 months ago #29525213 by matyk73
Sorry I should have posted this sooner I found the problem I had crossed over the channels. Not on the radio but on the controller I had the channel 1 green wire and channel 2 white wire going to one side and vice versa on the other side. Found it pretty easily once I sat down and thought about the whole thing. Hope this helps some one else if it happens to them.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds