SDC2130 Feedback not working

9 years 4 months ago #29525575 by kmuecke
I have the SDC2130.

I can control my motors in open loop speed mode just fine. However, it doesn\'t work if I put them in closed loop speed control.

I can verify this much that the encoders are working:
-The lights on the RoboteQ Motor Control utility blink on the encoder inputs as the motor spins around.
-Counter 1 increments and decrements
-Speed 1 RPM registers a sensible value as I vary the open loop speed

While both lights blink on the Motor Control Utility, indicating a good connection between the encoders and the motor controller, only Counter 1 works--Counter 2 stays at -1. Speed 2 RPM also stays at 0.

Neither Feedback 1 or 2 register anything (in open loop or closed loop).

Neither motor works in closed loop, but both work in open loop.

I\'ve set Encoder 1 to \"Use: Feedback (1)\" and then Encoder 2 to \"Use: Feedback (2)\"

I disabled all analog and pulse inputs.

All digital inputs (except DIn 4, which is used for E-Stop) are set to no action.

I attached a screen shot of the utility showing the settings.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #29525577 by kmuecke
Here\'s the image. I messed up attaching it originally.
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #29525583 by michaelsf
I\'m experiencing a similar issue. I have an SDC2130 driving a DC brush motor with a quadrature encoder. Like kmuecke, I can operate the motor fine in open loop speed mode, and get sensible readings for the RPM and encoder count when I do. But when I try to set the controller for closed loop velocity, the controller does not spin the motor, no matter how I set the motor command slider.

It would be very useful to see some feedback on this issue in the forums. Thanks,

-Michael

9 years 4 months ago #29525585 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic Re:SDC2130 Feedback not working
your configuration screen shows some pretty odd numbers. Like the 3000+ ppr and the 81 RPM max speed.

Try resetting to default and run in closed loop by just closing the loop after enabling the encoders (set as feedback) and verifying that the reported speed is in the same direction as the motor command.

We\'ll test again this configuration here.

9 years 4 months ago #29525591 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic Re:SDC2130 Feedback not working
Pls try the attached firmware

Attachment rcb100firmware_update_030611.zip not found

Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #29525601 by kmuecke
The new firmware seemed to fix a lot of the issues. Both encoders register counts and I\'m also getting values on the feedback that match the RPM.

When put in closed loop speed control, the motors move now, but I think I have the feedback wires swapped, which is causing them to spin in the opposite direction and to cut out after a short moment(I\'m guessing because of the loop error detection).

I\'ll try switching the wires around to see if that fixes everything. The RPM appears to be opposite of the open loop speed command.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds