Problem Setting Digital Outputs Using Windows API

10 years 10 months ago #29525715 by CheckMark
Hi,

I have a Roboteq HD2450 Motor Controller and use a C++ program running on a Windows PC to control it. I have no problems getting data from any of the inputs or setting the motors but when I try to set any of the digital outputs SetCommand() returns 16 (RQ_SET_COMMAND_FAILED).

This happens with all of the following command items:
_DOUT
_DRES
_DSET

I have tried SetCommand() with _GO as well as _ESTOP and both those command items work fine.

Switching the digital outputs on/off in RoboRun+ also works fine.

I have no idea why it is failing, and any help getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #29525729 by roboteq
The API just sends the command and argument to the serial or USB port. To make processing faster, the command is replaced by a hex number as find in the header file.

So to set digital output1, the API sends \"!$0A 1\\r\". When sending this via the console, it works.

Try sending this to your controller via the console. If it works for you then there may indeed be a problem with the API when sending a single argument command. Try other single argument commands and report.

10 years 9 months ago #29525827 by roboteq
There was a problem with the API when sending commands with only one argument.

Please try the updated version dev.roboteq.com/dev1/files_n_images/file...api-linux-080411.zip and report.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds