SDC2130 on a Mac

9 years 1 month ago #29525823 by iMike
SDC2130 on a Mac was created by iMike
I have an SDC2130 drive controller that I have wired for power and am trying to connect to over USB using the sample program found in the Linux API pack on a Mac. I am getting the following output...

Opening port: \\\'/dev/tty.usbmodemRTQ0011\\\'...succeeded. Initializing port......done.
Detecting device version...failed (issue ?E response: 3). Error connecting to device: 7.

When I plug in the device, I get a prompt from the OS that it is has detected a network device. I have just dismissed this message. Should I not? I tested it with a PC and it worked just fine. Is there something else I need to do to interface with the hardware from a Mac?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 weeks ago #29525925 by kab
Replied by kab on topic Re:SDC2130 on a Mac
I run into the exact same problem, but on Linux.
The thing is, the sample program is outdated / mismatching the sdc2130. So, you have about 0% chance to get it working as is...

I had to write a new program, that copes with the sdc2130 requirements, and added some enhancements.

Basically, first, the sdc2130 is 115200 bauds, no flow control at all, no parity, 1 stop bit.

Next, the protocol in the sample program and its associated class is not for the SDC2130, maybe it was for something that existing just before the dinosaurs were extinct. Nobody knows.

If you need some help with that, I\'ll send you my c prog.

8 years 7 months ago #29526391 by mbalazs
Replied by mbalazs on topic Re:SDC2130 on a Mac
Hey Kab,

I got this issue on Linux. Can you attach your code here or email it to michael dot balazs at gmail dot com?

Thanks!
Michael

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds