SOS ! My SDC2130 has no firmware anymore...

9 years 3 weeks ago #29525927 by kab
I followed the wise recommendations from this wise forum in order to update the firmware of my SDC2130 with the 1.2 Aug 2011 version (previous version was from Jan 2011, and was also 1.2 :~), on Linux.

So I used minicom, which is a fine serial terminal.

1. boot SDC and press \"w\" (repeat) => OK
2. IAP and a bunch of C\'s are displayed => OK
3. Use Y-modem protocol in minicom (actually \'sb\') to send the file => Not Ok :
Sending: SDC21x0-Firmware-Update-v12-082411.bin
Ymodem sectors/kbytes sent:   0/ 0kRetry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Ymodem sectors/kbytes sent:   1/ 0kRetry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Ymodem sectors/kbytes sent:   2/ 0kRetry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: Cancelled

Transfer incomplete

*** exit status: 128

Tried also \'sz -y --ymodem -t 100\' options...
Tried the \'-k\' / \'-o\' options...

Basically the controller says
Could not receive the file!
Sometimes it keeps going with \"Starting...\" every second.

The status LED shows two behaviors after the upload:
- sometimes it\'s flashing quickly for one second, then Off for another seconds (repeat ad nauseum)
- sometimes it\'s the status for \"Power Stage Off\".


There must be some other Y-modem parameters to include?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #29525933 by roboteq
It is YModem for certain. We frequently use Hyperterminal to do the update. We incorporated a YModem component in roborun.

Beware that there is also a YModemG.

Make sure you have the correct YModem. Otherwise try other com software or maybe a PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #29525949 by kab
I used the Y-modem protocol provided by Linux - from a few utilities.
I tried about 50 times... Always the CCC... could be displayed, but each time the transfer failed (but one, the 3rd time, when it started to overwrite the current fw then failed... letting the board unusable).

The setting was the usual 115200 8N1 (I made another interface in C to work with the controller that works fine with these settings).

IMO - with no intent to start a flamebait - I wouldn\'t be surprised that the Microsoft library that implements the Y-modem protocol (used by hyper terminal, and the controller pc utility, among others) took some liberties in the protocol development not following (as often) 100% the protocol definition.
Please try with Linux \'sb\' for instance...

Anyway, I had to borrow a Windows and use the PC utility that could manage to dialog with the controller and update the firmware.

Problem solved (except that you had me forced to use Windows :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds