VBL2350 Not reporting Motor Speed for channel 2

9 years 2 weeks ago #29525953 by jetonski
Hi, I successfully updated the VBL2350 to the latest firmware 8-14-11, which was posted recently here: http://dev.roboteq.com/dev1/online-forum/troubleshooting/vbl2350-firmware-upgrade-troubles#29525943

Unfortunately the device is still reporting 0 as the speed for motor channel 2 at all times. Motor speed control (open loop) works fine. It\'s just the serial ?BSR command that appears to have a bug.

In all other respects, the controller is working perfectly so far. I\'m driving two high torque brushless motors with frequent direction reversal at near max currents. It\'s nice and smooth at low speeds and direction transitions are seamless.

If this is more than a quick fix and an estimate of time to address is possible, it would be a big help. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #29525959 by roboteq
This is a bug that should have been fixed in the latest firmware. We\'ll check again. Pls stand by

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #29525979 by jetonski
Hoping to find a quick workaround, I tried installing the following microbasic script to query motor speed and post it to an unused configuration parameter:
setup: \'one time init stuff

mainloop: \'our loop function

setConfig(_AMAX, 1, getvalue(_BLSPEED, 1))
setConfig(_AMAX, 2, getvalue(_BLSPEED, 2))

wait(10)
goto mainloop

Next I sent a Serial ~AMAX query. Speed for motor 1 was reported on channel 1, but channel 2 stayed 0. So Microbasic queries for motor speed channel 2 are unsuccessful as well.

Hoping this helps to track down the bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #29525985 by roboteq
There is an issue with earlier versions of the firmware. Try installing the latest from our web site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #29525991 by jetonski
As suggested, I\'ve again updated to the latest firmware, and motor 2 is still not reporting speed.

It operates perfectly, which leads me to believe that the wiring is correct.

I downloaded the firmware files from both the product page and the link in the first post in this thread. I unzipped with winrar. In both cases the firmware appears to update successfully. Here\'s the output (identical for both):
Checking file: C:\\LOCAL_PATH\\VBL2350-Firmware-Update-v12-081411.bin
Passed.

Searching for device...
Checking COM7...device found.

Controller found on COM7.
Resetting the controller...done.
Waiting for device restart...done.
Requesting programming mode...done.
Waiting enter programming mode...done.
Checking device...waiting for firmware file.
Uploading firmware file...
Win32 WSC Version 4.4.0.
COM7 reset.
XYM Version 3.2.0.
Starting YMODEM Send...
Opening file C:\\LOCAL_PATH\\VBL2350-Firmware-Update-v12-081411.bin
File size: 82,248 bytes.
XYM 3.2.0 (1)
83 packets transfered.
Checking device...programming completed.
Checking firmware...new firmware detected.
Roboteq v1.2 RCB200 08/14/2011

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds