SDC2130 Problem: cannot drive a motor using PWM

9 years 3 months ago #29526475 by Anonymous
SDC2130 Problem: I have been trying to use PWM to drive a motor. I have the capture type set to duty cycle. And the range set to 0, 2500, 5000. I know that the signal is active and can even drive the motor in analog with the PWM signal (though not very well).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #29526476 by Roboteq
The pulse input, in pulse width mode is set for RC radio type of pulses. Meaning 1.0ms min, 1.5ms center, 2.0ms max. The controller will reject pulse values much below min or much above max.
If you can, try to send command within these limits.
Otherwise, try configuring the pulse input as duty cycle. The range is much wider this way, although you should not go to 0 (i.e. DC), as the controller would not then be able to tell the difference between a 0 command and a signal lost.

9 years 3 months ago #29526477 by Anonymous
I put it back into pulse width mode and tried various pulse values, none of which worked. Just to be sure a constant 5V should be the same as sending a full pulse and should drive the motor, correct? I have tried this and it does not do anything. In the utility the analog in shows the voltage but the pulse inputs show nothing.

9 years 3 months ago #29526478 by Roboteq
First 5V DC does not equal full power.
As mentioned, there must be some pulsing. All 0 or all 5V means no signal to the controller.
Try generating a 1.0ms pulse. Verify that the corresponding LED on the Digital input flickers. Check that you can read the measured value in the corresponding Pulse input box.

9 years 3 months ago #29526479 by Anonymous
I generated a 1ms pulse every 4ms, 10ms, and 20ms. I also tried a 2ms pulse at the same frequency. In both cases nothing happened with the motor but the analog-in read voltage and the digital LED flashed.

9 years 3 months ago #29526480 by Roboteq
On which pin are you applying the pulse?
What value do you read in the corresponding pulse input box in the pc utility?

9 years 3 months ago #29526481 by Anonymous
I am using pin 10 and the pulse input shows nothing.

9 years 3 months ago #29526482 by Roboteq
We found there was a problem with the pulse capture. Please download the latest firmware revision at www.roboteq.com or contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for additional assistance.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds