Analog input does not drive the motor (SDC2130)

9 years 3 months ago #29526487 by Anonymous
I am having difficulty in using the analog inputs of the SDC2130 motor controller operate a motor. I have set the priority to analog and the analog input in Roborun+ gives the correct voltage reading but the motor does not receive power. I do not know if this is relevant but under the status section of the run tab in Roborun+ the serial light is on even though serial has been disabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #29526488 by Roboteq
Make sure you disable the analog safeties: "center to start" and "keep within guard bands"
If the problem persists, contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we'll send you a more recent version of the firmware to install.

9 years 3 months ago #29526489 by Anonymous
Those settings do not work. I have the Roboteq v1.2 RCB100 3/6/2011 firmware.

9 years 3 months ago #29526490 by Roboteq
We were able to create a similar but maybe not quite identical behavior.
After loading the firmware, loading your profile xml and disabling the "center to start" and "keep within band guards", the analog led would not turn off, but the serial led would turn off.
After resetting to default and just disabling the protections (not loading your profile), the controller would switch to analog.
The main difference between the two cases above was that your profile would set the priorities to Analog, None, None, None. While the second one would keep the defaults which are Serial, Pulse, Analog, None.
Please try resetting to default and just disabling the priorities.

9 years 3 months ago #29526491 by Anonymous
Ok that did it. Thanks for all the help.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds