HDC2450 Motor Command to zero with MiniCan control

6 years 9 months ago #29528812 by cadomanis
Not sure I completely understand what you are saying. I have confirmed at the master device that the variables being transmitted have the valuies I expect. The odd out of range values ARE NOT being sent by the master as far as monitoring at the master end is concerned.

Var 9 is the variable the master is writing into based on the mini can configruation. It is freqently being changed by the master as that is the live speed command coming from the master PLCs NC prorgram, which we are then transmitting to the drive. HAve checked and the master is always sending what is the correct value, but when Speed 1 is polled in script, the value does not match what the master is sending.

I will look at making a firmware update and see if it helps.

Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #29528813 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic HDC2450 Motor Command to zero with MiniCan control
It could be that the syntax used in your print statement could be wrong. It uses a "\r" and not a "/r".

print("Speed 1 = ", speed1, "\r") ' will print out the actual value as it changes. * is the one you want.
print("Speed 1 = ", speed1, "/r") ' will take the first speed1 reading and keep displaying without refreshing the new values.

6 years 9 months ago #29528814 by roboteq
Do you have a CAN monitor that will let you see the actual frames? It is pretty much a must for doing this sort of troubleshooting.

It is hard to imagine that this could be a situation where the bits are getting stored at the wrong place. CAN frames are robust and the CRC would catch a frame with garbled data.

For testing purposes, maybe you can try writing a small script that will capture the frame that normally goes to var9, using rawcan.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds