short detected

6 years 3 months ago #29529322 by Faisal_engr
short detected was created by Faisal_engr
i have sdc2130 dc motor controller but recently i am having an issue with the controller . the controller led pattern telling that its short detected and i cant even run roborun+ because its not connecting with roborun so kindly let me know how do i slove the issue.how to remove the short detected error,

thanks
Faisal Aftab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #29529323 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic short detected
Try applying power only on the power control line. It is the 2 pin header near the I/O connector.

Then see if it connects to the utility. In the run tab, you should see undervoltage led on.

If you then apply power on the vmot line, then the undervoltage should go away. If there is indeed a short, the short led status light will come on.

Were you running any type of script, or did you recently do a flash update of the firmware?

6 years 3 months ago #29529325 by Faisal_engr
Replied by Faisal_engr on topic short detected
a script is running and i am giving power from power control but its not connecting with pc utility... what should i do now

6 years 3 months ago #29529326 by Griffin Baker
You need to stop the script by sending in the terminate as soon as it tries to connect.

Power off controller.

In the scripting tab, type in

terminate

Power on controller.

Then click on "Download to device" as soon as the pc tries to connect to controller.

6 years 3 months ago #29529328 by Faisal_engr
Replied by Faisal_engr on topic short detected
serial device mb202i was short so i took it out so i cant connect via serially to pc utility and secondly my usb is also not working whenever i try to connect my usb to pc its gives error "usb device is not recognized" so what should i do now

6 years 3 months ago #29529332 by Griffin Baker
At this point, if a short is detected, then the controller needs to be repaired. If your controller was purchased within the last 90 days, it is covered under warranty. If outside of the warranty, you can go with our repair service.

Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for such inquiries.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds