RoboRun 2.1 with AX3100 unable to communicate via serial

3 months 6 days ago #29535355 by digitalone
I've verified there is serial data flow using a terminal program in windows 10.  Data is flowing quickly, and when I reset, I can see the same header data each time.

When I open RoboRun and select the COM port it will not connect or display any data in the console window.   Is this a version problem?  Is it possible to download v1.9?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 5 days ago #29535356 by digitalone
After sorting out the port settings I get the following response in a Putty terminal serial session:

RoboteQ  v1.9g 11/02/09
s
RoboEnc  v1.7  02/01/05
OK

Roborun detects COM3 Connected but i get no response in console or anywhere else in the software.   I'm attemting to run on a mac and have thus far tested under Parallels and Virtualbox Windows 10 machines with the same results.

3 months 5 days ago #29535357 by digitalone
Further testing with macOS (osx) 10.14.6 and Virtualbox windows 10 VM reveals that the HDC2460 controller communicates with Roborun as expected.  What am I missing to get the AX3100 / AX3500 to connect?

3 months 5 days ago #29535358 by digitalone
I've solved the problem. I would like to point out it's pretty disappointing that RoboteQ no longer hosts the roborun standard software for download.  What expectaion should I have that current hardware listed for sale won't be obsolete tomorrow when roborun++ is released?  It's clearly no longer supported by Roboteq but that doesn't mean you can't still make the file available for legacy use...

Here are the high level steps to success (working fine on virtualbox).

1. obtain roborun from www.robot-r-us.com/roboteq/193-roborun-setup19f-081109.html
2. register all of the missing microsoft common controls files (.oxc) that generate an error when attemting to open roborun - these can be downloaded and registered with regsvr32
3. success

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds