Problems with C output

16 years 6 months ago #710040 by Kronic
Re:Problems with C output was created by Kronic
I'm having a strange problem. I would like to use the controller to control my weapon. I have wired in channels 1, 2 and 3 into the controller and have attached a low power relay to the C output (so I can use it to power more than the 2Amps). The RC inputs are configured as partial opto-isolation so that I can use the third channel. The software version of the controller is 1.5 and this is the first time the controllr has been powered up.

The direction controls work perfectly but the weapon output (pin 1 on the 15-way D) seems to pulse continuously (variable) depending on the position of the third channel on my RC transmitter. I have tried using a switched channel on my Tx unit but the same thing happens. I have explained my problem to Paul Cooper and he advises me that I have wired up the circuit as to the manuals instructions.

I have also tried using an LED attached to the C output, and the brightness varies depending on the position of Channel 3.

Is there something I am doing wrong, as it seems like channel 3 has a PWM output instead of the switched open drain on/off weapon switch which it should be?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave Lang - Team Kronic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #542774 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Problems with C output
Dave,

I just did some test and found that the ch3 command works just fine.

After thinking about what could possibly be the cause of your observation, I went in the Roborun utility and changed the "Input E Mode" configuration from "No Action" to "Activate Out C".

This caused the kind of flickering that you described on the output.

In the RC mode, you should not have to change the "Input E" and "Input F" modes settings. Both should be left or set to "No Action".

I will see that the next revision of the manual and/or firmware be updated to clarify this point.

Hopefully this will resolve your problem.

Cosma

16 years 6 months ago #584662 by Kronic
Replied by Kronic on topic Re:Problems with C output
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll have a look at my settings and try again.

Cheers,

Dave

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds