Need help with roborun/server .. HELP PLEASE

12 years 2 months ago #29524993 by toolboy
sorry, false alarm on that last idea

checked controller config with roborun on host computer ... all settings ok (current at 105 amps, default)

reconfigured to r/c, removed computer and connected hobby tx/rx with supplied dongle. same behavior!!!! (fwd and back ok, but not enough torque to turn)

???? !!!!! ????? does anyone have any insight to this?

any suggestions are appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #29524994 by cosma
Make sure you have 1.9e of Roborun if you have 1.9e firmware installed.

Try reinstalling the firmware. This will ensure that you have the unit back to its factory default conditions.

Make sure you have a solid 12V powering the controller. Check the voltage with Roborun. The important value is the Controller Voltage. It should not be dropping below 10.5V. In fact, you should ideally see a steady 11.8 or so volts.

Exercise the controller while directly connected to your main PC (not via roboserver).

If you dont get smooth operation, disable the Short Circuit protection and the Stall protection (you will need 1.9e of the firmware and the PC utility to do this)

If you still get the controller to misbehave under these conditions, then something bad must have happened.

11 months 1 day ago #29535073 by KD
I'm getting the popcorn out!!  Lol the suspense is killing me... I sure wish Roboteq''s tech department would start taking support over the phone instead of the wait for reply text support method they are using.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds