Firmware upgrade? and other questions / remarks

8 years 10 months ago #29525965 by roboteq
The acceleration in open loop is computed by the controller using the MaxRPM parameter and the Acceleration parameter.

Default is 1000 for Max RPM and 2000 for acceleration. Meaning that it takes 0.5s to go from 0 to max.

In open loop, speed is not actually measured. So these numbers are not actually related to actual speed.

You can change them arbitrarily. THe max acceleration is 50000, meaning that you can go from 0 to max in 0.02s.

But you can also lower the max RPM to 100, for example and now the 0 to max is reached in 2ms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #29525969 by kab
According to the manual the AC (=MAC) and DC range is 100~32000 (not 50000).
Furthermore the acceleration is in 0.1 RPMs (not RPMs), so the min time from 0 to 1000 (default) would be
t = MaxRPM / ( AC*0.1 ) // i.e. 1000 / (32000 * .1) =~ 0.31 second

But I didn\'t think (neither tried) that changing the MaxRPM would allow a change in this behavior, i.e. decrease (for instance) the min AC time.

I\'ll try that, thanks!

8 years 10 months ago #29525973 by kab
Actually, does the \"!AC\" (DC) command work?

I could only get \"^MAC\" (MDEC) commands to work.
\"!AC\" has no effect seemingly.

(I used \"AC\" and \"DC\" after the initialization, before entering the \"!G\" commands)

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #29528551 by rbtqq
I am also wondering, if AC and DC actually work (in open loop mode)?
I notice some effects when changing MAC or MDEC, but sending AC or DC seems to have no effect?
Are this commands only available in closed loop mode?

And - if AC and DC are not available - will issuing MAC or MDEC commands in a fast MicroBasic script (no wait) work properly?

6 years 8 months ago #29528552 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic Re:Firmware upgrade? and other questions / remarks
Are you using an encoder with your motor? Depending on your setup, this may have an effect on the behaviour of the controller.
Page. 165 of User manual V1.3.

What is the syntax of the command you are issuing the AC and DC?

Are you using the setcommand or setconfig?

6 years 8 months ago #29528554 by rbtqq
It is a brushless setup without encoder, so AC and DC are relative to RPM max according to the manual.

Sending ^MAC 50000 via Roborun+ console or from microcontroller via RS232 works, sending !AC 50000 seems to have no effect. (But you are right, I shoud double check, if I really used ! instead of ^ for the runtime command AC).

Am I right, that !AC 1000 should work in open loop mode? And if so, is the effect persistent (overriding the MAC configuration) or do I have to issue a !AC each time?

6 years 8 months ago #29528555 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic Re:Firmware upgrade? and other questions / remarks
If you are doing this configuration change via the console tab, then the configuration change has to be saved. See page 168 for more information.

In the scripting, this is a parameter change so it would use the setconfig(_ac, cc, nn). Since this is just a parameter change, it also is not saved to the configurations settings. So long as the script sets it this way each power up, then that value is set until power down.

6 years 8 months ago #29528561 by rbtqq
The changes need not to be persistent between power on/off cycles, so saving the configuration is not necessary (and according to the manual not recommended when the motor is running).

To sum up:
AC is a runtime command, that means it is issued with a ! via RS232, i. e.

!AC 2000\n

should have an immediate effect (until power down).

When used in MicroBasic, I have to use

setconfig(_AC, 1, 2000)

though it is a runtime command for which I expected setcommand(_AC, 1, 2000) to be the correct call.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds