DC Series Traction Motor

14 years 2 weeks ago #12742235 by hemantdandekar
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I am planning to used DC Series traction motor 2.5 Hp - 3 HP for my Application. Will this AX2850 motor control used for the same.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px"><BR>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #12742423 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:DC Series Traction Motor

You need to figure out the expected current. 3HP is ~2400W.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">If you use a 24V battery, this would be 100A.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">At 36V, current would be 66A.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">These numbers are within the specifications of the controller but they also assume that you provide adequate airflow for cooling, which practically is seldom ideal.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">So our recommendation is that you use the HE version of the controller and that you operate at 36V.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">You will still secure airflow for cooling. If you can mount the controller against a flat metalic surface so that its case makes contact with your chassis, you will get an additional cooling effect which can only be beneficial.

14 years 2 weeks ago #12742591 by hemantdandekar
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">sir,
<FONT size=2>
I am going to used the Motion Controller Ax2850HE for two axis.

1.Given a target desired position i want to stop my vehicle before reaching the target (instanttaneously) without ESTOP.

How can i do that.

2. Having Updated distination register,How can this new commnad be effected? will it active immediately or I need to give one more command to effect this change.
</FONT>

14 years 2 weeks ago #12742634 by hemantdandekar

What would be the maximum HP motor that can be safely connected with the AX2850HE without causing the current protection to trigger(except in extreme cases) with the 24VDC battery?.

Do i need to use a seperate 12v battery for controller in case i have a 24V main battery?

14 years 2 weeks ago #12743862 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:DC Series Traction Motor
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">To perform a quick stop, if you are in Position mode, then you can read the counter value and immediately store it in the destination register.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">This is done with two short commands:
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">?Q0 (reads the counter)
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">!Q0 (stores the destination)
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Commands take effect practically immediately.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">If you are going to move long distances, however, you may be better off using the controller in speed mode, then you would simply issue a command value of 0 when you want to stop.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">The encoder module is built into the AX2850 and AX2850HE. It is compatible with practically all commercial optical encoders.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Regarding the maximum current, see the tables at the end of <A href=" dev.roboteq.com/dev1/ax2550-folder.html " target=_blank> dev.roboteq.com/dev1/ax2550-folder.html . Figure that 1HP is 760W and that Power = Voltage x Current.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">The controller does not need a separate 12V supply if the main supply does not dip below 12V.

14 years 2 weeks ago #12765173 by hemantdandekar
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">dear sir
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">I send the mail to Mr. Tony Santoni regading the Motion controller Ax2850HE. We need the customize controller with baudrate 38400. It is urgent requirement . Plsease tell me the Total charges with shipping to INDIA.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">hemant dandekar

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds