sliding doors

13 years 4 months ago #18200971 by helmholtz
sliding doors was created by helmholtz
I have an interesting project on an Italian-built yot with sliding doors.<BR><BR>Two curved glass doors roll on rails, driven each by a 24V &lt;10A dc motor.<BR><BR>The existing anonymous controller is fried and there is no possibility of replacement.<BR><BR>Can I use an AX500 motor controller for this job??<BR><BR>The doors both have the following sensors along their travel :<BR><BR>Fully closed (stop)<BR>Nearly closed (slow speed)<BR><BR>Nearly open (slow speed)<BR>Fully open (stop)<BR><BR>There is also a vertical IR beam thingy in the middle of the doorway which,if interrupted, causes the doors to stop what they are doing and open fully.<BR><BR>Will I be able to program a full door cycle into the controller ? eg:<BR><BR>Open Door command from push button<BR>Doors fly open, slow down and stop<BR>Wait 10 seconds<BR>Doors close, slow down and stop.<BR><BR>This will be my first project using a controller and I would appreciate the help.<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>helmholtz<BR>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #18217443 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:sliding doors
The AX500 would probably be undersized for this application if you want the headroom needed for safety and all weather operation. The AX1500 would be a more comfortable fit.

Realizing the sequencing you are looking for cannot be done directly inside the controller. You would need either an outside Microcontroller or PLC, or to have the firmware modified. Firmware customization is a service for which we charge a reasonable fee but which require minimum quantity purchase thereafter.

13 years 4 months ago #18221517 by helmholtz
Replied by helmholtz on topic Re:sliding doors
Cosma...<BR>thanks for your prompt reply.<BR>Unfortunately this is just a one-off, huge feather-in-cap type of repair so i don't really envisage there being a need for further units with modified firmware. (In response to the electronic door problems,the boat manufacturers decided to install *manual opening devices* on subsequent models).<BR>Your recommendation to use the larger AX1500 unit is a good one...thankyou<BR>and i will look into what i need in terms of a micro or PLC...<BR>any suggestions would be welcome.<BR><BR>helmholtz<BR><BR><BR>*handles* <BR>

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds