AX2550 Closed Loop Position Mode

5 years 5 months ago #29530660 by DtotheJ
I have built a wheelbot that is rear wheel drive, front wheel steer. I intend on driving it with RC gear and using the AX2550 motor controller.

I have a 3400 RPM motor geared down to 519 RPM to turn the front wheels and a rotatory potentiometer hooked up to the analog 2 feedback pin on the AX2550.

My potentiometer is a 10KO and has 270° rotation, however the mechanical limit of my turning wheels is only about 60°F. How do I use the RoboRun utility to associate 1.95v as "full left turn" and 3.05v as "full right turn"? (if 2.5v is centered on the Pot, +/- 30° should be 2.5v +/- 0.55v, correct?)

Please let me know if I am not understanding something correctly, or if there is any additional info I can supply.

Thank you for the help, I'm pretty green!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #29530661 by TechSupport
The AX2550 is a legacy product so it is difficult to provide the best support for this.

The analog voltage is 0 to +5V. If the center is 2.5V, then you need to adjust the range values min and max to the desired values. Take a look in the settings for analog and see if you can set the min and max range voltage values.

The value you set for it will limit how much wiggle room you have for command.

If 0 volts is used for the min, then 0 to 2.5V is a reverse direction command, where 0 is full command, and 2.5V is neutral 0 command.

If the value is set to 1.5V, then 1.5V becomes the new full reverse command.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #29530662 by TechSupport
I've taken a look into the utility and there doesn't appear to be any setting you can change. The usermanual on page 88 has the wiring information for using pots as feedback.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds