Watchdog timer and emergency stop

6 years 4 months ago #29531660 by csar4231
Hi, I would like to put the emergency stop command ( !EX) when watchdog timer is triggered. I have read that it is possible with a script,
Do you have an example?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #29531663 by niko
Hi,

I am afraid this is not possible via script. There is no interface to let you know whether the controller watchdog has expired.

I would suggest to make a keep-alive mechanism using the scripting. By sending the motor command, send also a counter value in VAR 1 and validate via script using a counter there as well.

2 weeks 5 days ago #29535849 by jyce
Hello,
Any update of this ?

6 days 9 hours ago #29535872 by andycavatorta
I am also looking for a way to apply an emergency stop in reaction to the watchdog timer.  So that if the controller begins a PID operation and stops receiving serial commands before finishing, the emergency stop is engaged.  This is important for safety in the event of a program error or disconnected computer. 
Is there any formula for this other than building another deadman switch system that cuts the power to the controller?

1 day 18 hours ago #29535878 by mrfurniture5e
I'm likewise searching for a method for applying a crisis stop in response to the guard dog clock. So that assuming the regulator starts a PID activity and quits getting sequential orders prior to getting done, the crisis stop is locked in. This is significant for well-being in case of a programming mistake or disengaged PC.
Is there any recipe for this other than building another deadman change framework that slices the capacity to the regulator?
Thanks 
office furniture store in Dubai

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds