roboteq_diff_driver

2 years 4 months ago #29533724 by aarontan
roboteq_diff_driver was created by aarontan
link to driver: github.com/ecostech/roboteq_diff_driver

Hello,

I have a sdc 2130 controller hooked up to a dc brushed motor and encoder.

When I launch the file from this driver, I was able to get some readings from the odom rostopic.

However, if I manually twist the motor shaft, the motor will start spinning as if it is receiving command somehow from the encoder.

If I unplug the encoder, the motor will thus stop spinning.

I am wondering, what should the motor and encoder mode be set to? is this the reason behind this?

Please help,
Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #29533726 by Gabriel_Isko
Replied by Gabriel_Isko on topic roboteq_diff_driver
Looks like the driver is configurable for open loop or closed loop speed mode, using closed loop speed by default. In closed loop speed mode, you can run into a runaway error if the encoder direction does not match the feedback direction.

Please use open loop to confirm that the encoder counter increases when you give the controller a positive motor command. If this is not the case, than you either have to switch the A and B lines of your encoder, or you will have to set the encoder resolution to a negative number.

2 years 3 months ago #29533825 by aarontan
Replied by aarontan on topic roboteq_diff_driver
Thank you for your response.

For others running in to the same issue, I noticed that a reason that this was happening was because the roboteq controller was taking the encoder sensor readings as rc remote control readings and hence it was acting unpredictably due to the sensor noise.

2 years 3 months ago #29533830 by Gabriel_Isko
Replied by Gabriel_Isko on topic roboteq_diff_driver
Glad you were able to figure out the issue. If this was happening, you should check to make sure that you don't have one of our encoder pins configured as a pulse input in Roborun+.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds