Current Limits

1 year 9 months ago #29536015 by Markse68
Current Limits was created by Markse68
Hi, in the Roboteq configuration tool there seems to be only an option for max current. Motors are usually rated for max continuous current and peak current which is usually substantially higher than max cont current but is limited by an I2T value. Should I set the max current to the max cont value or the peak value? How can I configure the I2T to make this work? Otherwise I am to getting the full performance of the motor
Thanks,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 13 hours ago #29536280 by GeorgeD
Replied by GeorgeD on topic Current Limits
Hello Markse68,

Apologies for the late reply. Our company has been using the support Helpdesk for some time now, and some queries in the forum have not been under our radar.
Feel free to open a support ticket whenever you have technical questions like this.

The amps limit setting should be set at the Peak Current. In order to protect the motor from overheating, the I2T method does the following :
- It calculates the I2t_accumulator = (Inow2  - Inom2 ) * time and it compares it with I2t_peak = (Ipeak2  - Inom2 ) * peak_time. In Roborun+ you should configure Inominal in I2t at the nominal current, and the time parameter at the maximum allowed time for that current. This should be found in the motor's datasheet.

George Derleres,
Field Application Engineer

3 weeks 4 days ago #29536355 by lgriparis
Replied by lgriparis on topic Current Limits
Hey there,

what is the peak_time in the formula you posted? Is something that you take from the motor manufacturer?

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds