Jerky Motion of BLDC with Hall sensor with VBL2350, Urgent requirement

9 years 8 months ago #29526929 by roboteq
The controller has to be configured so that hall sensor is used for feedback. We need a moment to look for the commands. Pls stand by.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #29526931 by roboteq
From the console send

^BLFB 1 1
^BLFB 2 1
%EESAV

This will configure the hall sensor as the speed feedback.

We will soon have an updated version of Roborun with this menu added.

9 years 8 months ago #29526933 by soumyadandekar
Thanks

I will again download the firmware that you have send. Let me try this.
We are the persons from Hi Tech Robotic Systemz who helps the RoboteQ to develop the Linux API and testing of first HDC2450 hardware and firmware. Myself is Hemant Dandekar and other person was Mr. Sahil.
This is first time i am using the BLDC Controller otherwise we are using all the brush DC Controller from RoboteQ.
I am trying to introduce BLDC Motor driver in My company and for that i ahve ordered 10 motors and 5 VBL controller.

9 years 8 months ago #29526935 by soumyadandekar
I have again update the firmware VBL2350_Firmware_Update_v12_030312_bin
and try to run the motor in close loop after giving commands from console.

^BLFB 1 1
^BLFB 2 1
%EESAV

But when i tried to run in close loop speed motor is moving and stop and again moving. This is continuous process

The parameter that i have set for the close loop speed is P=1, I=0,D=0 and nos of pole pair =2 .
The BLDC Motor i have 10 poles .
In open loop the Min Max speed is 30303 reported on Roborun+ . Is it counts or RPM?

9 years 8 months ago #29526937 by roboteq
make sure you entered the number of poles in the configuration. This is necessary in order to report the speed accurately.

Verify that the max speed that is measured by the controller is correct.

Then, before closing the loop, set the Max RPM configuration parameter to a little less than your motor\'s real max measured RPM when at full power.

Then set the PID. I is the most important, so put 1 or 2. P can be 0. Make D=0.

Then close the loop.

If it doesnt run smoothly, enable the following channels in the chart:
- Motor Command
- Motor Power
- Speed RPM
- Speed %
- Feedback
- Loop error

Run the motor. Save and send the log to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

9 years 8 months ago #29526941 by soumyadandekar
Dear Sir

I have forwarded the logs on the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
The background for the system.

1. BLDC Motor from Dunker motor Germany with 10 pole and hall sensor.The maximum speed of the motor 3090 RPM.
2. The motor controller from RoboteQ VBL 2350.
3. Currently testing only channel one.
4. When test in Open loop with 20 poles and at max speed the RPM, it shows approx 3100 RPM. but when i configure with 10 poles as per the datasheet of motor , Roborun+ shows 6200 rpm approximately.
So what should be the no of poles? 10 magnetic means 20 poles or what? PLease see the attached datasheet fort the motor and motor model no is BG65x50.
5. What will be the maximum and minimum hall count in close loop speed control. I have given the -2000000 min and +2000000 max count . What is the meaning of Min and maximum count?
6. Please find the logs as per the requested.
7. When try to run in close speed loop it start moving and stop and moving and stop and moving .When i try to stop using slider or stop command from Roborun , it keep behaving like moving and stop and moving. It will only stop when i press the ESTOP button in the Roborun plus. Please check the logs i have attached and you will get all the information.

9 years 8 months ago #29526943 by soumyadandekar
Please find the attached log

Attachment LOG_RoboteQ_05March.doc not found

Attachments:

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds