HDC2450 CANopen connection

8 years 5 months ago #29527457 by dlee
Hello,
I am trying to connect PCAN-USB and HDC2450. I set the configuration and tried to connect the CAN bus but I coudn\'t. I think I missed something important. Could you tell me about the procedure and a basic CAN transmit code to run(like... _GO,1,500) the HDC2450. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29527467 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic Re:HDC2450 CANopen connection
The controller are operational.

MiniCAN uses similar packet structure as CANopen but you need to add a bit of scripting in order to turn the data into motor commands.

The manual shows you which word from which frame goes in what variable. The variables can the be read/written by/from a script and then turned into action.

The first thing for you to try is to enable MiniCAN and see the frame on the bus. You can then observe the variables from the console with ?var nn, or change a variable wil !var nn mm.

Beware that CAN and USB cannot work together at the same time. After you turn on the controller, CAN can operate if enabled but as soon as you plug USB, CAN is disabled until you power down and up the unit again. So you need to use serial communication when using CAN.

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware installed. A firmware older than june 2012 will not have CAN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds