LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing

8 years 5 months ago #29528753 by Boarderbas
Well, I try to run the closed loop speed mode. Sample script says 1, manual says 2....confusing...

@value 2 the motor command value seems to equate the max loop error and corresponds to accelleration. 10 is very slow accelleration to max rpm with max error 10, 100 is faster with max loop error 100 etc...

I'll reinstall the roboteq utility. I have two encoder max configurations and no rpm@100% configuration in the configuration tree...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29528754 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing
The user manual had that as an error. The corrections were listed in the datasheet errata page. See link below.

dev.roboteq.com/dev1/index.php/support/documentation

Microbasic scrip command in the users manual page 218 incorrectly states the command reference.

^mmod [cc] nn

Where cc = Motor channel
Where nn =

1: Open Loop
2: Closed Loop Speed
3: Closed Loop Position Relative

Should now be altered so that the following is true.
Where nn =

0: Open Loop
1: Closed Loop Speed
2: Closed Loop Position Relative
3: Closed Loop Count Position
4: Closed Loop Position Tracking
5: Torque Mode

Is the user manual you are using the most recent one from Sept 2013?

Anyways, can you confirm your closed loop settings?

Motor output > Closed loop parameters > loop error detection

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #29528755 by Boarderbas
I changed the "print("f") by Print(GetValue(_C,1))

It prints a lot of -1's. So no encoder counting happens. Big bummer.

I corrected according to the above.

Encoder: Feedback
PPR: 50
Min and max 2000/-2000
Homecount 0
No action/No action

Speed & accelleration -> Closed loop speed
Closed loop param:
Position mode velocity 3000
Turns min/max 200
P 2
I 2
D 0
Int. limit 100%
Loop error detaection 500ms/25%

I don't have any watchdog interruptions anymore....keeps running, even without encoder count...

Current code:
If ClutchState = 1 Then
		Print("Furling\n")
		SetConfig(_MMOD,1,1) 
		Do While GetValue(_ANAIN,3) > GetConfig(_AMAX,3) - AnaBwidth
			SetCommand(_G,1,10) 
			Print(GetValue(_C,1))
			Wait(100)
		Loop
		Print("Furl Stop\n")
		SetCommand(_G,1,0) 
		SetConfig(_MMOD,1,0)
	Else
		GoTo OpenClutch
	End If
	GoTo Idle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #29528756 by Boarderbas
Got my scope out to check the encoder signal. It's fine...

Encoder connected to pin 4&8 as in the pinout instruction in the utility.. or should I use 10 and 15 as in the datasheet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #29528757 by Boarderbas
Set the motor command at 1000, no watchdog

Added again the - to the motor command and the watchdog is awake again. Removed the - and still awake...

Changed to 100 and no watchdog...

The SetCommand(_G,1,0) seems to not influence the motor. It does not stop the motor from running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29528758 by Boarderbas
Fixed the issue:

-The Roborun+ pinout is WRONG. The LDC datasheet is the only one NOT changed to pin 4&8....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29528759 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing
We will note this into the datasheet errata since I didn't see the changes for the error there. Thank you for reporting and our apologies for this problem and inconvenience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29528760 by Boarderbas
Why not update the Roborun+ software to correctly display the information? I hope you understand correctly that if you hit "view pinout" in roborun+ it says pin 4&8 are encoder inputs. That was my problem. Technically the datasheet is correct and this is my mistake, but I saw the list of errata that encoder pins had changed to 4&8 and failed to noticed that the LDC was not in the list. As the software had the latest release date I assumed it was correct.

I emailed you a while ago to compliment you on the user manual. It's very good, however I think it would be better to not only write errata, but also correct the mistakes in the software and datasheets...

Now I start to finish my project. Needs to be done friday as the customer wants to order his first large batch of controllers next week and needs proof it works..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29528761 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing
I will ask for an update to this; though this hasn't been updated for as long as I remember. We've always updated the errata sheet and then in the next release of the datasheets if they needed fixing was to correct the datasheet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #29528762 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing
I've verified that the Roborun+ pinout does show pin 4 and 8 which is incorrect. The firmware and datasheet both point to pins 10 and 15 and not 4 and 8. We are looking into getting this corrected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds