LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #29528782 by Boarderbas
After writing 300 lines of code I run i to my fnal challenge: Getting the motor output to rotate a set amount.

I thought that:
SetConfig(_MMOD,1,2)
SetCommand(_PR,1,1000)

Would rotate the motor 1000 encoder positions. But I'm wrong. All it does is try to get to encoder count 0..
SetConfig(_MMOD,1,2)
EncoderValue = GetValue(_C,1)
NewEncoderValue = EncoderValue-1000
SetCommand(_P,1,NewEncoderValue)

Doesn't work at all...

Any idea what's wrong here/ Remember I am doing all by script. So If there are any settings i need to make in my script, please note..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #29528783 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing
You want closed loop count position in order to use the !PR commands. Setconfig(_mmod, 1, 3)

6 years 5 months ago #29528784 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic LDC1430/60C project - questions for software writing
1 pulse = 4 counts

6 years 5 months ago #29528785 by Boarderbas
Found it!

Indeed the 3rd motor state is correct thanks. But I also need to lower the speed to 500RPM otherwise it wil gigantically overshoot and not correct due to the watchdog kicking in.

I try to move only 2 degrees on my 1:150 gearbox..

Almost done now!

I get a bit of a n oscillation at motor start. probably since I am using a 50ppr encoder. Next one I'll use 250 for smoothnes. Do you have any pointers to PID setting that will improve the behaviour. i get some smoothness in setting D to max, but that gives problems elsewhere. It may solve itself if the output shaft is properly loaded...

6 years 5 months ago #29528786 by Griffin Baker
The position mode is mostly P gain over the I gain. So adjust your P gain so that there is minimal oscillation. Then if your motor needs a boost upon command change, you can add some D gain (Though advised not to use too much as it can lead to your motors getting damaged. Once that is set, you'll want to add some I gain so that your motor reaches the final position destination. If it begins to oscillate, you can lower your Integrator limit % lower to reduce the oscillation. This will reset the error and recalculate the new error over the time.

6 years 5 months ago #29528787 by Boarderbas
SetFurlPID:
	SetConfig(_KD,1,50)
	SetConfig(_KI,1,50)
	SetConfig(_KP,1,10)
	Return

SetPositionalPID:
	SetConfig(_KD,1,50)
	SetConfig(_KI,1,10)
	SetConfig(_KP,1,100)
	Return

Just set two sets of PID, One for closedloopspeed and onde for positioning

Will the "destination reached" flag be set in the way you proposed to set it up?

6 years 5 months ago #29528788 by Boarderbas
Got it!

Code finished. Thank you for the help! Love the controller. Get that CAN in! I could sell a lot!

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds