Trouble Connecting to ax2550 controller with Roborun configuration software?

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529568 by Lewis
Sorry, it turns out my screenshot was too large to upload earlier. also, I can't see like half of my replies to you on the original question page until i replied again; this is why I replied like a jillion times.

I have tried with a serial->usb converter and without. I use com5 in the former case, and com1 in the latter (i'm not certain the latter is correct).

Here is a screenshot of the device manager for com 5 when I use the converter:

Attachment roborunscreenshot.png not found

And I didn't get any such error, although I'll try installing the file anyway.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529569 by Griffin Baker
The strip.ocx is only for windows 7.

If you power on the controller and it still doesn't connect, then it may be best to try doing a factory default reset of the controller using the push buttons.

Refer to the manual for instructions.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529570 by Lewis

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #29529571 by Lewis
Ok, I figured out the issue, although now I'm running into a different problem. Turns out I was connecting to a motor on the vehicle that I'm working with instead of the actual motor controller (big whoops). However, I am now trying to connect to the actual controller via lan and its not working. I have my computer's lan settings set as follows:

192.168.1.10, subnet mask: 255.255.0.0, and the controller set to 192.168.1.12, although I changed the ip via telnet on linux (ruuning a dual boot), and am not sure what the subnet mask is/how to change it. Here is a screenshot:

Attachment roborunscreenshot.png not found

Attachments:

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529572 by Lewis

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529573 by Lewis
Sorry again; this site is glitching balls. it just says "disconnected from controller at 192.168.1.12"

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529574 by Griffin Baker
I'm looking into the wifi issue, but can you try connecting via the serial and not the wifi and see if it connects?

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529575 by Lewis
Unfortunately, the motor controller I'm using is integrated into a system set up by sensible machines, and then purchased by my boss. I emailed the company asking how to connect directly to the controller via serial connection, and they said I woukld have to rewire the controller in order to do this. I'm quite inexperienced on the rewiring end of things, so I'd like to only resort to this as a last resort.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529576 by Griffin Baker
If you are looking only to connect it to a pc, you can do this without rewiring. We sell the RS1 cable that goes with this controller. Simply unplug the current connector at the I/O port and plug this directly into the I/O connector and connect to the PC.

dev.roboteq.com/dev1/index.php/roboteq-p...ies/cable-rs1-detail

6 years 1 week ago #29529579 by Lewis

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds