Trouble Connecting to ax2550 controller with Roborun configuration software?

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529580 by Griffin Baker
Try attaching as a zipped file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529581 by Lewis
Ok, thank you. I will look into connecting the controller directly using that cable. In the meantime, do you have any idea what could be going wrong with the ehternet/lan connection to the device via roborun? One potentially important piece of info is that I am currently connected to the controller through an ethernet hub, which is more practical for my setup, but could be circumvented for testing if necessary.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529582 by Griffin Baker
You're using an RS232 to ethernet connection? If the controller is powered on, then it would send the RS232 commands changed into an ethernet signal to your pc. How it gets converted from there, I do not know. Does your pc convert it back to RS232 serial data?

You are using linux; have you tried via windows?

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529583 by Lewis
I believe I am using a serial->ehternet connection, as you say. I apologize for my lack of knowledge about my setup; I am using the ax2550 as part of an integrated autonomous vehicle setup created by a company and purchased by my boss. The system specifications and wiring diagram can be found here, although for me at least they've been not detailed enough and too detailed, respectively:

sensiblemachines.com/ckfinder/core/conne...0%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how the actual signal conversion works, but I do know I'm experiencing a possibly related problem trying to set up the motor controller in ROS with a third party driver; I get the error message "did not receive an R/C message after reset," which I think might be related.

Oh and I'm actually running a dual boot: windows 7 and ubuntu 12.04. I've been trying to do all the controller configuration in windows because neither roborun nor SOPAS et run in linux as far as I know.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529584 by Griffin Baker
The part of the RS232 to ethernet you may want to consult with the company that made it. If they made it, surely they would know how to make it work.

If you hook up the RS1 cable to our utility and controller, there shouldn't be any hassles in getting the pc to connect to the controller unless the controller is defective.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529585 by Lewis
Sorry the wiring diagram attachment did not go through. Hopefully this works

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529586 by Lewis

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529587 by Lewis
Ok, thanks. It sounds like I just need to bite the bullet and try to extricate the motor controller so I can use the cable you suggested.

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529601 by Lewis

6 years 2 weeks ago #29529602 by Griffin Baker
Just send me an email. griffin at roboteq.com

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds