PLC to MDC1230 over CANopen Problem

7 years 9 months ago #29530421 by Hannari
I found the problem. After sniffing the CAN I saw that the identifier was 720. Meaning that the node was number 32 in decimal even though I had set it to #2 in roborun+. I tried changing the node # but it always remained 32. I tried it on the other controller and it worked there. I set it to node #2. and on the sniffer it said 702. I then sent a %EERST to reset the first controller to factory settings. This made me able to set the node correctly.

This has been 3 days of troubleshooting. If I just had chosen the second controller in the beginning. :-(

Anyway, everything is working, as it should for now. Thank for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #29530425 by Hannari
Ok, now I am confused. I just sat down again, power cycled my PLC and then it reads 720 again. If I then power cycle the controller I get 702 back. (controller is set to node 2)

That is not the worst thing, I am not getting any control unless I use node number 32 (20h). Everything works fine if I set the controller to node 32. I can send NMTs and SDOs, no problem, but as soon as I change the node id to 2 or 52 or some other number then 32 I get nothing.

Again I tried it on my load cell, and no problem. I can give it any node number and read from it.
This problem seems to be the same on both controllers I have (MDC1460).

Cry for help…

7 years 9 months ago #29530426 by TechSupport
The only reason for the node to change if at all anything is if the can gets reset, usually in the event of connecting the USB port again. This is why you should set up via RS232.

7 years 9 months ago #29530437 by Hannari
When I try connecting it with RS232, I only get a bunch of ?'s and 5's. in the console
?55?555?5?5
?5?5
?5
what can that be?

7 years 9 months ago #29530438 by Hannari
Ok I had a faulty serial adapter.

Now I have set the node id on the controller via the serial port and it is still the same. I read that it is sending a 720. Then I power cycle it and then it send a 702. (node was set to #2). I cannot access anything. I try unplugging and plug the cable back in and it starts reading 720 again until I power cycle the Controller again.
Again, I can control it if I set the node Id to 32.

Now I am getting desperate… Help…

7 years 9 months ago #29530441 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic PLC to MDC1230 over CANopen Problem
download and install teaviewer. Email the id and pw and a phone number to call you at to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . We'll look at it together.

7 years 9 months ago #29530442 by TechSupport
Try doing a factory reset to defaults in the configuration tab. There is no good reason why the controller should revert to some value.

We've had some improvements on the recent firmware release, but there wasn't anything specific to the can bus.

I've connected my MDC1230 and 1460 to the can bus and it does not change ID value; stays the same. I left the value at the default (1) so it reports back always as 701.

7 years 7 months ago #29530659 by sus1291
Hey,

so i'm having the same problems as the lad that opened the thread, and was wondering if someone possibly found the solution to the problem. I'm am using mbl1660 controller with 1.4b firmware

Cheers,
Miha

7 years 7 months ago #29530667 by TechSupport
We will look into this. It may have been resolved with a different firmware.

7 years 7 months ago #29530668 by TechSupport
Please try this beta firmware. It is not validated yet, so please test it and see if it fixes the problem. Report back any issues you run into.
Attachments:

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds