SDC1130 sudden stop at reaching desired position

5 years 2 months ago #29531138 by ied168
No, all tests were done with !S issued PRIOR to !P or !PR (i.e. speed adjustments were not done on the fly)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #29531139 by TechSupport
It still sounds like the !S command is conflicting with another parameter. Check with another position mode like tracking.

Experiment with the speed and acceleration values. There is something that does not like the values you are using.

You can use the run tabs sliders to move the motors.

5 years 1 week ago #29531350 by niko
Hello all,

Please try the latest release and let us know if the problem persists.

5 years 3 days ago #29531365 by UriValle
I am also working on the same. It happens because your desired speed be higher than your motor's maximum physical speed.
You have the need to consider Motor Power, Tracking and Loop Error.
The Tracking shows the counter value the motor is expected to be at this precise instant.
Loop Error is the difference between tracking and the actual counter position.

5 years 3 days ago #29531372 by davidk
Hi Niko,

Thank you. I don't have the setup available but I'll try it.

4 years 11 months ago #29531395 by Andrew20
I have a comparative issue running in shut circle tally position, yet I am running the SDC2130. Joined are the diagrams for two situations: 1) moving from position 400000 to - 500 and the engine will make an exceptionally ABRUPT stop. 2) moving from position 300000 to - 500 and the engine will make a delicate stop. Rate set with !S 1 10000. Yes, on the off chance that I bring down the velocity (!S 1 5000), all stops are tender, yet 5000 is too moderate for me. At a dislodging of around 400k, I can hear the engine spin at a rapid, yet I don't hear the engine go as quick if just uprooting 300k. In light of the graphs, the following has a VERY STEEP bend for 400k versus the 300k, so this ought to be a charge issue with the controller? Would modifying PID or any settings help?
Thank You
conveyor drum motor rollers

4 years 11 months ago #29531396 by roboteq
plot/log the Tracking and Counter. Tracking is where the counter needs to be at any given time. It is likely that the Tracking is moving faster than what the motor can physically achieve. There is therefore a lag building up and when the motor finally catches up, it will stop brutally. If this is what you observe, you must lower the speed.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds