MDC2460 with PLC controlled AGV

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #29533874 by Gabriel_Isko
Replied by Gabriel_Isko on topic MDC2460 with PLC controlled AGV
How do you have the digital input pins set up, and which movement mode are you in? I was not able to replicate this behavior. If you could post your configuration profile I can take a look at it.

Using the active when Motor Is On setting should accomplish what you are describing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #29533875 by dhullett
I have the digital output pins set the Active High and Motor ON. This works correclty when commanding but as i said if i apply force to the wheel with my hand or just bump the encoder to make a change in the count it will release the brake? I only want the brake to release when the drive is commanding the motor on and to do something.

1 year 11 months ago #29533876 by dhullett
Here is the profile that i have thus far. This is just the first test to get motors moving
Attachments:

1 year 11 months ago #29533881 by Gabriel_Isko
Replied by Gabriel_Isko on topic MDC2460 with PLC controlled AGV
I think I know what is going on. As the counter changes while the break is on in Closed Loop speed mode, the motor tries to correct the motion in order to maintain 0 speed, which releases the brake. There are 2 ways around this:

1) You can "deactivate" the motor by switching to open loop operating mode and keeping the command at 0.
2) You don't rely on the automatic digital output switching, and instead control the brake output pins manually from a MicroBasic script or from an external device.

I would recommend the second approach, since it doesn't involve changing a configuration setting on the fly. I will bring up including an implementation for brake control that achieves what you are trying to do in our next engineering meeting.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds