SBL2360T Torque mode

2 months 2 weeks ago #29536228 by centaurrobotics
I have never used a motor controller before and I am working on a project that requires me to use Torque mode on the SBL2360T brushless controller. I am using a RS232 for communication. The previous user used Speed loop but I need to use Torque mode. They got the rpm from the controller but I want Torque Amps. I am not sure how to receive or transmit the Torque amps from the controller to Arduino.. Also for torque mode, is it enough if I tune the Torque loop alone or do I need to tune the other two loops(speed and position) as well?
As I am new to this any help is much appreciated. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 1 day ago #29536270 by jeremy.batson
Replied by jeremy.batson on topic SBL2360T Torque mode
Hello Centaurrobotics,

I apologize about the lack of response on the forums, the forums went somewhat un-attended as our priorities were shifted. We are now hoping to get the forums back online and working.

If you are still in need of assistance with this, Torque mode only requires the Torque loop to be tuned. Depending on the firmware you are using, the controllers use a cascaded mode that starts with Torque mode. In Firmware V2.1 and later there is even an automatic Torque mode tuning. 

As for help with Arduino, you can find an article we have written on this subject here: roboteq.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/...ntroller-and-arduino

With Kind Regards
Jeremy Batson
Field Application Engineer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds