speed limiting

15 years 2 months ago #4051219 by OUME
Replied by OUME on topic Re:speed limiting
Ok, only one more question.

We want to limit the speed to 4rpm for full forward direction and 2mph for full reverse. Essentially, max speed in the reverse direction must be half of the max speed in the forward. Is there a way to tell the controller to limit the speed like this? The only other option we have is to create a limiter plate on the joystick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #4051431 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:speed limiting
You should be able to play with Ohm's law to get close to what you want to do without adding a plate.

For example, assuming that you have a 10K pot, you can add a 10k resistor at the bottom of the pot (pin that goes to ground). This way, when full reverse, voltage at the pot will not be able to go to 0.

Of course, this also means that when the joystick is centered, its voltage output will no longer be 2.5V (it will be higher). So you will need to add a resistor between the ground and the pot's whiper, that will cause the voltage to be 2.5V when centered. Now, when you move the joystick all the way back, the voltage will be a bit lower than without the resistor.

15 years 1 month ago #4343884 by Reta
Replied by Reta on topic Re:speed limiting

My roborun screen under encoder says to input the encoder CPR, but in your discusion you tell to input it in PPR. Can you please clarify why you stated to input the PPR value. For example I am using a 300 PPR, and I had it in there as 1200 CPR. Is this correct? T

15 years 1 month ago #4350283 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:speed limiting
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">You must enter the PPR value (i.e. CPR / 4)
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">

15 years 1 month ago #4431066 by Reta
Replied by Reta on topic Re:speed limiting

Thanks but I don't understand why they have "@CPR". They need to change that.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds