Possible to set Max Speed?

14 years 10 months ago #5979708 by filmcraft
Possible to set Max Speed? was created by filmcraft
I am using the 2850 via R/C, is there a way to set the max speed of I throttle all the way for to a number?

Example: If I push the stick at 100% my max speed will only be like 15% of the motors capacity. Say on a scale of 1-100 if the stick is at full it's 100%, but to change it to 15% or any other number?

The reason being is, I have a motor connected to something that will never move past say a 15% speed barrier (and shouldnt due to its weight) so I want to set the max at a variable number being low so no matter what happens, it will never go faster then x %

Possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #5987944 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Re:Possible to set Max Speed?
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">The easiest is to "fool" the controller into thinking that full joystick position is your desired % rather than 100%. Note that this technique would not allow you to go below 33%.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">You can do this by playing with the numbers in the "RC/Ana Specific" tab in Roborun.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">assuming 33%, the trick is to tell the controller that the RC pulse can be 0 (min), 1.5ms (center) and 3.0ms (max) wire. In reality, it is 1.0, 1.5 and 2, respectively.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">So in Roborun, you would set the start position to 0, center to 1500, and max to 3000.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">This suggestion has not been tested but is expected to work given how the software is written. Please report the results of your test.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Note that the 33% limit mentioned above works in the min direction (since you cannot assign a start value of less than 0). You should be able to go to your desired 15% target in the other direction since you can plug a higher max value.

14 years 10 months ago #6054853 by RogueWarrior
Replied by RogueWarrior on topic Re:Possible to set Max Speed?
Why don't you just set the EPA's (end-point-adjust) on your radio to something lower than 100?

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds