Menu

Topic-icon over/undervoltage error

• lokibear
  • lokibear's Avatar Topic Author
13 years 2 weeks ago #15842007 by lokibear
over/undervoltage error was created by lokibear
I am having a problem where I'm getting an "8" displayed on my AX2850 though checking the input voltage by hand and through RoboRun both show an input of 38.2 V DC. Is there some other reason an "8" might be displayed? Also when I first turn on the controller it displays both motors in the forward direction (i.e. motors at speed 0) for a breif 1-2 seconds before switching to "8".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cosma
13 years 2 weeks ago #15842092 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic over/undervoltage error

A solid 8 is an indication of undervoltage. It can occur if you draw too much current on the 5V to power encoders. Disconnect the encoders if they are connected.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Also check with Roborun what are the reported voltages. The Vbat is your battery voltage. Vcont is the internal 12V. It should be no lower than 11V.

• lokibear
13 years 2 weeks ago #15842147 by lokibear
Replied by lokibear on topic over/undervoltage error
To add some more information:
I am using RS232 control with a microcontroller and am using the Power Control Wire to turn the controller on and off. Also, the system had been working for months and then was inactive for the past month when the battery system and secondary drive (not related to the RoboteQ) were replaced.

• lokibear
13 years 2 weeks ago #15842293 by lokibear
Replied by lokibear on topic over/undervoltage error
The RoboRun is showing Bat Volt : 38.2V and Ctrler Volt : 7.6V (which seems to be a problem). Disconnecting the encoders the Ctrler Volt now reads 8.2V.

• cosma
13 years 2 weeks ago #15860513 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic over/undervoltage error

8.2V is below normal. It looks like the controller is deffective. Please contact us via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Go to top