Menu

Topic-icon Sdc2150 suddenly smoked. Possible reasons?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #29526373 by JAm1
Hi my sdc2150 suddenly smoked in the area above the 8 header pins. It\'s also possibly broken because the pc doesn\'t recognize the controller anymore and that small circular component that has a coiled copper just also above the 8header pin becomes very hot (roborun detects the controller but when it is loading the controller configuration it suddenly drops the connection)

My controller runs on a 48v supply (two 24v power supplies power supplies in series) with two maxon re40 motors attached to a ballscrew. When i turned on my controller and ran my program the controller suddenly gave a beeping sound, ran my motors to max power then smoked out. The status led blinked around 3-4 times. Whats wierd is that I was using the controller for about 1-2 hours beforehand without any problem.

Any ideas what caused this event so that I may prevent this from happening again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roboteq
8 years 2 weeks ago #29526375 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic Sdc2150 suddenly smoked. Possible reasons?
It is impossible to tell from you description.

Did you have anything connected to the 5V ouput on the 15-pin connector? The 5V out is not able to supply mu current and it may have gotten overload.

Please contact us directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to arrange for repair/exchange.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #29526377 by JAm1
I have two encoders and two limit switches conmected to the 5v supply.
My encoders draw a maximum of 80mA each. When my limit switch is pressed, it shorts the 5v to Din3 and Din4 of the controller.

My controller gave off a sort of beeping sound before it smoked. Would that signify anythig?

Im afraid it will be difficult for me to arrange any repair or replacement because i am from the philippines but i will sill try to send in an email if something can be arranged.

• roboteq
8 years 2 weeks ago #29526387 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic Sdc2150 suddenly smoked. Possible reasons?
160mA would be stressful to the DCDC converter on that controller. This appears to be the most likely cause.

The +5V to DIN, would have no negative effect.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Go to top