Menu

Topic-icon HBL2350 CL Speed mode and Firmware update

More
7 years 11 months ago #29527027 by mpyrak
Update: I just rolled back to 10/19/11 firmware, and channel 1 is still broken, setting off stall protection every time I command it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #29527029 by mpyrak
On further testing, the controller isn\'t sending power to motor 1 no matter what the command setting. I believe it is related to the \'configuration fault\' that the controller is throwing.

What exactly is a \'configuration fault\' (F8), and how can I fix it?

• roboteq
7 years 11 months ago #29527031 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic HBL2350 CL Speed mode and Firmware update
I assume you have entered the correct number of poles in the config.

There was a mistake in the earlier versions of Roborun, where the SpeedRPM and the Speed % were swapped in the chart. This shold have been fixed in the new version but we\'ll check.

There is no change to the firmware that would affect the operation of channel 1. Reinstall the earlier version of the firmware from our web site to make sure that no damage was suffered by the controller.

More
7 years 11 months ago #29527033 by mpyrak
I posted a few updates before you replied, I\'ll reiterate what I\'ve found. I installed an old firmware (10/19/11), and channel 1 is still broken. I believe that it is related to the \'Configuration Fault\' that the controller is throwing (?FF returns FF=128). This fault started when I previously installed the 3/15/12 firmware, and didn\'t go away with the old firmware,

What causes a \'configuration fault\', and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Matt

More
7 years 10 months ago #29527041 by mpyrak
Any update on this? With only one channel operative, the controller is unusable for me. Hopefully correcting the \'Configuration Fault\' will resolve the issue, but I\'d like to know if I need to replace the controller.

Matt

• roboteq
7 years 10 months ago #29527045 by roboteq
Replied by roboteq on topic HBL2350 CL Speed mode and Firmware update
Configuration fault will be on if the configuration that is read from eeprom is invalid. This normally happens the first time the controller reboots after as fimware update since the eeprom data is no longer aligned with the new firwmare. When the LED is on, it tells you that the config read was not valid and that the default configuration was loaded into the controller from the firmware flash, and then stored in the eeprom.

However, the config LED should not be on again the next times you power on the controller.

Test that the configurations can be saved in the eeprom.

from the console send
^rwd 9000
%eesav

Then cycle the power and send
~rwd
if you read 900, the configuration eeprom is working fine. If you read 1000, the eeprom could not be read correctly at power up and the default config was loaded instead.

We have not observed that ch1 works differently with the dec 5 version of the firmware. This is something that would have been immediately obvious. Check the motor wiring carefully or swap the motors to be sure.

More
7 years 10 months ago #29527049 by mpyrak
The eeprom checked out fine, and with repeated power cycling the config fault eventually disappeared. The controller works perfectly fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Go to top