Menu

Topic-icon SDC2130 Pulse input motor control

More
6 years 9 months ago #29528052 by Kwacky
I\'m trying to control a DC motor with the SDC2130, using a pulse input as the control signal. I can\'t get the signal to control the motor unless I put the motor in a closed-loop mode, however I want to verify open-loop operation.

I\'ve confirmed that the pulse input is being read correctly through Roborun+. I\'ve attached a screenshot of my SDC2130 configuration (Can\'t figure out how to paste it in here sorry).

Pin 8 (PIn2) is my pulse input, all other inputs are disabled. Am I missing something, or is something wrong here?

Firmware/software versions:
SDC2130: 1.2.12/04/2012
Roborun: 1.2.3/8/13
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Griffin Baker
6 years 9 months ago #29528061 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic SDC2130 Pulse input motor control
The pulse radio should work in open loop mode.
Set the pulse capture type to Pulse Width.

Thanks.

More
6 years 8 months ago #29528071 by Kwacky
Sorry for the late response, here\'s my config file. Still no luck getting the pulse width to control motor 1.

More
6 years 8 months ago #29528072 by Kwacky
Whoops, seems the forum doesn\'t allow xml formatted attachments. Here\'s a zip of my profile and an image of how I\'ve connected the SDC2130.

Attachment profile_and_connections.zip not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaelFug

• Griffin Baker
6 years 8 months ago #29528074 by Griffin Baker
If you are trying to control pulse command while connected to the PC, then do the following.

Go to the run tab, and there is a \"Mute\" checkbox located next the slider on the left hand side. Click on that and the serial LED status light on the browser will be turned off, and pulse led should turn on. Make sure that your throttles on the remote are centered before giving command.

Your configuration file looks just fine.
Thank you.

More
6 years 8 months ago #29528079 by Kwacky
OK I\'ve got pulse width control working, but not quite as expected. I found that a pulse input into pin 8 (PIn2) can only control the motor 1 output, and into pin 4 (PIn1) can only control the motor 2 output.

Should this be the case? In the pulse input configuration, when setting the \"Input Use\" field, it looks as though any input should be able to control either motor, since there\'s tick boxes there labelled \"1\" and \"2\".

• Griffin Baker
6 years 8 months ago #29528084 by Griffin Baker
The tick boxes refer to motor channel 1 and motor channel 2. So the one on the left is motor 1 and the one to the right of that is motor 2.

If you do a reset to defaults, the pulse inputs 1 and 2 should already be set for motor 1 and motor 2.

I\'ve uploaded your profile to show you the change I made so that your pulse input 1 responds to your motor 1 and pulse input 2 responds to your motor 2.

Attachment profile_and_connections-fbc264e9380f2808242df854c61b84c1.zip not found

Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #29528106 by Kwacky
Thanks for your help with this Griffin. I\'ve found my problem - if any pulse input is enabled but doesn\'t receive a valid pulse signal, then no pulse inputs can command either motor.

I was always feeding either pulse input 1 or 2 with my signal generator. This meant that if I enabled both pulse inputs, neither would work since one input wasn\'t receiving pulses. As soon as I connected the signal generator to both inputs, everything worked as expected. Only enabling one pulse input at a time also worked.

I don\'t think the user manual makes this behaviour clear (Section 4, operating the controller in RC mode, reception watchdog section, pg.57). It seems to indicate that individual pulse input controls will remain active even if some pulse inputs aren\'t receiving valid pulses.

Again, thanks for the help.

PS. Resetting to defaults in Roborun+ disabled all inputs - including pulse input 1 and 2.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Go to top