Servo control question

7 years 3 months ago #29528092 by Vicky339
Hi,
I\'m using the AX2550 to run two 24v motors in tank config using Spectrum R/C controller. Works great. I have a servo on a third channel turning a turret of sorts. It was working. Now when power is turned on (it has a separate battery) the servo just emits a high whine and won\'t respond to control. Any trouble shooting tips would be appreciated. Not sure if the issue is the Roboteq or servo itself. Is there a way to test in Roborun? I only see the two main motors represented there. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #29528098 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic Re:Servo control question
Look at the led on the side of the controller. When the unit powers up, do you get a solid \"8.\" or do you get what should appear as noctrl all in lower case?

7 years 3 months ago #29528099 by Vicky339
Replied by Vicky339 on topic Re:Servo control question
When I power up, I do have control as the twin motors respond fine. It\'s the servo that isn\'t responding. It is getting power. Is there a way to see it in the roborun software?

7 years 3 months ago #29528101 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic Re:Servo control question
In the run tab of the roborun utility, there is a button that says \"Run\", click on that. Then use the slider; either channel 1 or 2 to command the motor that you are wanting to command.

How is this servo motor connected? If you are using 2 motors and a servo, not sure how you are commanding the servo.

7 years 3 months ago #29528102 by Vicky339
Replied by Vicky339 on topic Re:Servo control question
I\'m sorry for the confusion. The servo is the problem here. I\'m controlling both 24v motors in mixed setting with one joystick on the transmitter. They work great. Its the servo I\'m trying to control with the second joystick using a separate channel on the transmitter. It\'s probably not a Roboteq issue but was hoping I could trouble shoot it via the Roborun software.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds