Menu

Topic-icon HDC2450 Motor Command to zero with MiniCan control

• Griffin Baker
6 years 1 month ago #29528802 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic HDC2450 Motor Command to zero with MiniCan control
Having the Mute not checked can cause problems when running a script. You can place your print statements after the query function of the values.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #29528803 by cadomanis
Once I have those print statements in, how do I monitor those values?

• roboteq
6 years 1 month ago #29528804 by roboteq
you go in the console tab to view. If scrolling too fast, you can always copy log and paste in text or xls file that you can then inspect.

• Griffin Baker
6 years 1 month ago #29528805 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic HDC2450 Motor Command to zero with MiniCan control
Also it would also be advised that there is a least one wait statement when using a print statement (minimum needed is 1mS wait). If you don't have 1 wait statement to go with the print statement, it tends to cause the communication with the pc to be lost. Since you already have one, you should be okay.

More
6 years 1 month ago #29528806 by cadomanis
I hate to be a pain, but could really use some feedback on the tuning stuff. Sent all those chart logs based off previous correspondence with you about tuning. Would like to do some testing later this evening.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Griffin Baker
6 years 1 month ago #29528807 by Griffin Baker
From your configuration log, things look to be good. In the closed loop speed, it is more of the integral over the proportional gain. You can also use decimal numbers as well, so you are not limited to whole numbers only.

Try lowering your I gain a little and maybe add little more P gain.

More
6 years 1 month ago #29528808 by cadomanis
I will give your tuning suggestion a try. Did finally get some logging of those speed commands.

In one case for 13 consecutive log lines, and in other cases for 1-5 lines, I do see Speed 1 log as x and Speed 2 log as y. In both cases a log I run on the PLC side shows those values not changing. So I am guessing this is happening somewhere in the CAN communications? Becuase of the mini can use, I cannot do any checking on the master side. I do not know how I could check anything on the drive side, but it seems like something is not right.

I am running the may firmware. I see that the a later firmware says it fixes CanOpen. I am really pressed for time so would hate to make a change, but would if we thought it could help this. If there are other diagnostics I can do, I would be happy to try them as well. As I mentioned already, I have tried higer and slower CAN bauds with no difference. I think my script is as short as I could make it minus the removeal of a few set variable commands.

Anything you can tell me to try would be really appreciated. WE are working very late this evening, and again tomorrow in the morning.

Thanks,

Chuck

More
6 years 1 month ago #29528809 by cadomanis
Sorry. In the post above, the bad logs odf the speed values from the script show a value of 957018 for Speed 1 ( when it should be something less than 1000) and a value of 0 for speed 2 ( when it should be something between 0 and -1000).

Let me know. Maybe an overflow of a variable?

Chuck

• Griffin Baker
6 years 1 month ago #29528810 by Griffin Baker
Best option is to update the firmware to the latest as it will have all the documented fixes in place.

dev.roboteq.com/dev1/index.php/support/downloads

If the master is the one sending out, I don't see why you couldn't query the master. What node ID is the master set for?

If you are querying the can var data you can send ?var to see what the string of data will be. The format will come in a string of 16 bits.

Example: 1:2:3:4:5:6:7:8:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0

• Griffin Baker
6 years 1 month ago #29528811 by Griffin Baker
What is the Var 9 stored value? If the value shows 957018, then that is what appears to be that stored value for var 9. Perhaps look into what the master controller is sending and if it isn't the correct value, then you can change it to the correct value.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top