VDC2450 Pulse input issues

6 years 3 months ago #29529005 by rheacock
I have a brand new VDC2450, Firmware v1.3 RBC200. I am controlling a power wheelchair base with two motors in Motor mixing mode 1. I can control the unit with RoboRun v 1.2 or Analog joystick just fine, but having issues with pulse input.

I reset defaults and setup just the Pulse, it will work. But after I setup the analog, the pulse stops working.

My command priority is 1) Pulse, 2) Analog, 3) rs232.

I have a digital out triggering a relay for the brakes, and the Pulse in will trip the brakes, but the unit will not turn the wheels. In the "Run" screen in RoboRun, you can see it is receiving "Pulse In", I can and have calibrated the RC unit, all that works fine.

I have tried disabling the Analog inputs, does not change the behavior.

I have no custom scripts, just the basic stuff.

Analog 1 and 2 are used for the Joystick
RC1 and 2 are used for Pulse. Pin 8 is both RC2 and ANA2.

Any ideas? What am I missing. All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #29529006 by Griffin Baker
Replied by Griffin Baker on topic VDC2450 Pulse input issues
You can't use them at the same time. Either pulse will be used, or analog will be used. You can't run operations with both at the same time. So if Pulse is 1st priority, then the pulse control will take precedence. If the pulse is not present, then the analog is next in line for taking control.

6 years 3 months ago #29529007 by rheacock
Replied by rheacock on topic VDC2450 Pulse input issues
Yes, I understand, one at a time. That's not the problem. Once I setup the Analog, the pulse won't move the motors. It's number 1 priority. If I turn off the RC Receiver, the analog works just fine, turn the RC receiver back on, Analog doesn't work, like you would expect, but neither does the RC.

If I reset to defaults, I can get everything to work just fine, like you expect, that is until you turn the unit off and back on again. No pulse.

6 years 3 months ago #29529008 by Griffin Baker
The problem most likely appears to be that you have analog 2 and pulse input 2 being used for 2 separate functions. You want to either use a different analog input, or a different pulse input. Since analog and pulse input 2 share the same line, they are fighting each other.

6 years 3 months ago #29529010 by rheacock
If that we're the case, then disabling the analog inputs should work, but it doesn't.

Using the rc will release the breaks, and RoboRun shows the commands being sent, but no movement.

6 years 3 months ago #29529011 by Griffin Baker
Then I suggest you remove the analog input.

6 years 3 months ago #29529037 by rheacock
Ok, re-wireing done. no shared pins.

I use A1 and A2 for Analog

P1 and P4 for Pulse.

You can see in RoboRun it recognizes both, I can calabrate both the analog and pulse inputs.

I've fiddled with the command priority, currently 1) RS232, 2) Pulse, 3) Analog.

When I turn on the RC Receiver, it overrides the Analog input, I know the Roboteq recognizes it, but it will not move the wheels. If I turn the Receiver off, analog works like you would think.

Very frustrating.

6 years 3 months ago #29529038 by Griffin Baker
Okay, so then when serial is muted via the "Mute" check box selected, does the pulse led indicator status come on? Set up a channel for motor command. If the pulse indicator shows that the pulse input is active and you see values populate in the upper right hand corner of the browser (Pulse inputs), does the motor command values change with your pulse input commands?

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds