Menu

Topic-icon Verification error on encoder update

• pmartin
  • pmartin's Avatar Topic Author
14 years 8 months ago #4695320 by pmartin
Verification error on encoder update was created by pmartin
I just tried an update with Roborun on my controller, and the programming fails on verification: "Verification Error occured at line 1. Quit and retry"
I quit and retried, but it still won't work. Could there be some issue with my controller's firmware now?
Also, in Roborun, I was trying to configure my encoder and the PPR setting does not appear to be saved after trying to save it to the controller and resetting it (multiple times). Is that a setting I do not actually set (after all its text is green, not black).
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cosma
14 years 8 months ago #4697720 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Verification error on encoder update
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Are you trying to update the controller firwmare of the encoder firmware?
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">If this occurs when updating the encoder firmware, a few other users have reported the same problem. However, the firmware did update OK. Check the reported version number when starting Roborun and the controller is found.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">The PPR setting does not get stored in the controller because the controller does not need it.

• pmartin
  • pmartin's Avatar Topic Author
14 years 8 months ago #4742190 by pmartin
Replied by pmartin on topic Verification error on encoder update
I am installing the encoder firmware to v. 1.7. It gives the error, but after it completes and I re-exceute Roborun it reports the correct version. So far it appears to work correctly when I send closed loop speed commands to the motor (at least once I got my motor wire/encoder setup done correctly!). Will there be any firmware update to allow coasting while in closed loop mode (or any mode)? It would be a nice feature.
Cheers!

• cosma
14 years 8 months ago #4772451 by cosma
Replied by cosma on topic Verification error on encoder update
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">The verification error has been reported before by some users. This is a problem with the PC utility. In all cases, the programming had worked OK.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Coasting is a feature that is on the list of potential things to do. It will be a "simulated coasting" as the motors cannot be left free wheeling while in closed loop mode. We have no schedule for this, however.

Moderators: tonysantoni
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Go to top