- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Firmware update issue
I've been struggling with an issue for a while. I can't seem to update the firmware of the RoboteQ controller we are using. The RoboteQ controller we are using is a DC motor controller HBL2360A, although the sticker on the controller specifies HBL2360. I believe it is just a firmware change on the controller that makes the difference. I am also using Roborun+ V1.8.
I did update the firmware of the controller as per the instruction manual. I updated the firmware via USB and used the RoboteQ DFU loader. The file was correctly loaded as shown on screen and I did cycle the power for the controller. However, I am unable to detect the controller anymore on Roborun+ and I am unable to detect the controller via RS232. I have tried manually forcing unsigned "STM device in DFU mode" driver installation as mentioned in a previous forum and still have had no luck in solving the issue.
The controller seems to be in DFU mode continuously. Is there perhaps anything that i can try to solve the issue or perhaps something that I have missed. These are the two files that I used to update the firmware which I downloaded from the RoboteQ website:
Your help would be much appreciated.
Hmm, it's definitely in DFU mode then.
Let's consider this: which version of the DFU loader and Roborun+ are you on? For Roborun+ also let me know the date of the revision you are using.
The PC does manage to open a COM port when I connect the controller via RS232 and I have configured the baudrate and settings according to the default settings of the RoboteQ controller.
If I update the controller firmware via the COM port, I do connect to the controller via COM port 4 and it gets stuck waiting for a device restart. The error i receive is that the device starting string not detected.
I'm not sure if i was attempting it correctly. I did try to force it manually. I have attached a screen shot of the error I kept receiving when i manually try to force the firmware update. I have also tried using multiple RS232 to USB converter cables as I thought this may be the issue, and it still had no effect.